Truthfully, this post is long overdue we have come to realize. Here’s the deal … successful marketers, including network marketing professionals know customer avatar (or profile) inside and out. On the flip side though, we realize most people don’t even know what that means! Let alone how to create one. So, in this post we want to give you the things you need to ask and answer (for yourself) to create your, customer avatar.
It is beyond important to the success of your marketing, sales, and delivery of services that you have a deep understanding of who your customer avatar is.
You’ve likely heard the phrase;
‘You can’t hit a target you haven’t set’
This quote applies perfectly to why having a clearly defined customer avatar, will help you with the following;
- Identify which social media platforms they are spending time on. This way, you know where your business should be present and active (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Help you be more effective in your marketing efforts. Your marketing time (and dollars) will be spent wisely when you know where to market and who to target for maximum reach.
- Write content that connects with your business. This, will give you a better understanding of their pain points, goals, needs/wants and successes.
- Deliver and develop better strategies because you are able to anticipate your markets’ behaviors, hang ups and concerns.
Developing your Customer Avatar
Here’s what we know to be true; we don’t earn an income solving our problems. In network marketing, we earn an income from lifting and helping others. As we like to call it; Breathing Life into People. And so, instead of treating your business (content, videos, etc.) like spaghetti noodles, get intentional.
Side note: by spaghetti noodles, the reference is meant for those who throw the noodle at the wall hoping it will stick! Sound familiar?
We know that customers are the heart of our businesses. And, we also know that often our best customers become our more successful distributors, right? This, is why we can’t stress that developing your customer avatar or profile is crucial.
Take a moment, and think about the following questions;
- Who is your ideal prospect?
- Where do they work? Shop? Eat?
- What is the language your prospect will listen to?
Now, do yourself a favor and get out a pen and paper. Create your customer avatar, or profile 1 step at a time.
- Are they male or female?
- Are they local? International?
- How old are they?
- What do they do for a career or living?
- Think about what bothers them most about their life right now? Think about pain points.
- What excites them and gets them jumping out of bed? What are their dreams?
- Fear. What scares them, gives them indigestion, keeps them awake and restless at night?
- What books do they read? (personal development, fiction, biographies)
- What is the number one problem in their life right now. And, can you solve that with what you have to offer?
Can you picture this person in your mind right now? Great! That is who you need to be speaking to.
Additional Things to Consider when Developing your Customer Avatar
Although we believe the questions above that we hope you will take the time to answer are a great starting point — we know that network marketing is about relationships and stories. So, when you are creating your customer avatar don’t be afraid to include questions that relate to why you got started. Or, why these products/services helped solve your ‘problems’.
Doing this, and including your personal experience will help shape your ideal customer. Because listen, once you have identified your ideal prospect through these types of exercises, you will alleviate so many obstacles in delivering content.
Because, when you are delivering the right value and message to your ‘ideal’ audience (customer) they can’t help but engage. They also cannot wait to hear from your more, maybe even reach out to you when you may have overlooked them otherwise.
A Solid Customer Avatar is your Gold Mine
And, you should treat it as such. Think about the next time you hop on a Facebook Live or are writing out a killer curiosity post – who are you writing to? When you have been successful in developing your customer profile you can start to tailor your words, verbiage, tonality, etc. to what ‘this‘ customer would want.
Otherwise, it’s like writing a letter to someone you don’t know. How could you possibly be as effective knowing nothing whereas if you knew even a smidgen about them … you could personalize your message.
We would love to hear if you have a customer avatar and if not, let us know when you make this a priority on your list of things to do. Because we want you to be successful, it really is that simple. We love to celebrate wins and more than that — we LOVE hearing about them!
If you haven’t already, be sure to join our Facebook Group — Fenix Risers — This is a place for network marketers who want to learn how to use social media the right way to grow their business! Or in the mean time, learn a little bit more about who we are and why, we believe in ‘Breathing Life into People‘.
Choose to Shine,
P.S. Would you like to start creating social media posts effortlessly?
We thought so! Make sure you download our >> FREE Insider Guide << before you go!