Throughout our career, we have done a lot of testing on both personal and professional social media channels we work from. And, it wasn’t always easy coming up with content ideas so, we get it. That’s why we wanted to put together this list of 35 social media prompts to help you boost your engagement overall.
Of all the different types and styles of posts we make, asking questions generate the most comments and likes.
Not only will asking questions help you increase engagement through more likes and comments but questions start a conversation with your audience. This allows you to get to know one another on a more than surface level basis and, that’s always the goal, right?
Now remember, these are designed to be ‘short’ and to the point. However, if you have more context or a short story to go with them do not hesitate to add your own flavor. Our suggestion would be to include the question at the end of you story or, switch it up and shift it to the beginning.
Opening with a question, already puts your audiences’ mind in a place of gearing up to give their opinion/answer. And we already know people love to do that! Let’s get you jammin’ …
35 Social Media Prompts to Boost Engagement
… without being tacky!
Our social media philosophy is to follow an 80/20 content rule: 80% informational, educational and entertaining posts NOT related to your company to help build your social media status as a resource for your target audience, and only 20% promotional posts or posts related to your brand.
Anything more than that 20% can cause you to lose more people than it will gain. This is especially true on platforms like Facebook where the reality is people go to hang out and be social. Engaged people buy more — so let’s keep them engaged without the sales pitch attached, OK?
We’ve broken down these 35 social media prompts into 7 categories. Feel free to mix them up as you go. 35 social media prompts could potentially give you more than a month of content — and then, go back and put a spin on the ones your audience loved the most!
Fill in the Blank Style
1. My favorite blog is ____________.
2. I’m inspired by _________.
3. My favorite social network is__________.
4. My all-time favorite book is __________.
5. If I could be anywhere right now, it would be__________.
Would you Rather Style
6. Would you rather have 5 close friends or 10,000 facebook friends?
7. Would you rather be famous or the best friend of someone famous?
8. Would you rather have free Starbucks for a year or free streaming music forever?
9. Would you rather hike a mountain or lay on the beach?
10. Would you rather have a personal chef or a maid?
What is your Favorite Style
11. What is your favorite travel destination?
12. What is your favorite time of the year?
13. What is your favorite holiday?
14. Who is your favorite actor/actress and why?
15. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
The ‘What Is’ Style
16. What is your biggest fear?
17. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
18. What was the last thing you got really excited about?
19. What is your superpower?
20. What famous person in history would you love to meet?
We all know that social media marketing is important, but for some people, opening up Facebook and staring down that empty status update box can be incredibly intimidating.There are about 3 billion active Internet users and since almost 2.1 billion of them have social media accounts – it makes sense for you to have an active presence on social media. Let’s keep going …
This or That Style
21. Tea or coffee?
22. A quiet night at home with a book or out on the town with friends?
23. Mountains or beach?
24. Are you a saver or a spender?
25. Are you a night owl or an early bird?
What If Style
26. If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money?
27. What five things could you not live without?
28. If someone gave you $10,000, how would you spend it?
29. If you were in a band, what instrument would you play?
30. If you were a superhero, who would you be?
Bring on the Nostalgia Style
31. What’s the one movie you could watch over and over again?
32. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
33. What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
34. What was your first job?
35. What was your first car?
Remember that social media is about community: giving thanks to your customers, team members, readers and followers. Be genuine, be engaging, and be responsive. We hope these 35 Social Media Prompts for Entrepreneurs and Influencers helps you be all of those things, and more!
If you would like even more help creating your social media content … you WANT to check out our 50 Social Media Posts guaranteed to get your more engagement (and ultimately … SALES!) Check it out HERE!
If you haven’t already, be sure to join our Facebook Group — Influencers Hangout — This is a place for network marketers who want to learn how to use social media the right way to grow their business! Or in the mean time, learn a little bit more about who we are and why, we believe in ‘Breathing Life into People‘.
Spark your Influence!