Think about the different social platforms out there; Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, TikTok, and so on. What if we told you that Pinterest isn’t actually classified as a social media platform as much as it is a search engine.
A search engine that works very similarly to platforms like Google and YouTube. And so knowing this, why aren’t more small business owners spending time on this platform?
You’ve probably heard it a few times; I don’t want to end up down the rabbit hole! Right?
And the truth is, you can end up down the rabbit hole on any platform so the key is being intentional while on there. So you might be asking yourself, why Pinterest?
It is rarely a platform we speak about but felt it was time. Especially a good time since Pinterest has now introduced video pins and you know we love video!
Pinterest Facts you Should Know
- 71% of users are actually females.
- 40% of New Signups are Men; 60% New Signups are Women.
- Men account for only 7% of total pins.
- 40% of US dads are here too!
- 50%+ Pinners live outside the US.
- 34% of Users are aged 18-29 in the US.
- 42% US women adults who uses Pinterest.
- 80% of US mothers who use the internet uses Pinterest.
- 1 out of 2 US millenials use it every month.
- The median age of a user is 40, however, the majority of active pinners are below 40.
- 1/2 of its users earn $50K or greater per year, with 10% of these households making greater than $125K.
- 28% of marketers are using this platform
- 28% of all US social media users are users.
So think about your niche is a female audience ideal? However, the male sign ups are growing substantially based on the 2019 stats above.
A Few More Fun Facts we KNOW you will LOVE!
- There are over 175 billion ideas living here
- 83% of weekly Pinners have made a purchase based on content they saw from brands on Pinterest.
- 72% of Pinners use Pinterest to decide what to buy offline.
- Six out of every ten millennials use Pinterest to discover new products.
- Over 5% of all referral traffic to websites comes from Pinterest.
- 97% of searches on Pinterest are unbranded.
- Pinterest said 85% of Pinners use their mobile app.
- Nine out of ten Pinners described Pinterest as filled with positivity
- Two-thirds of pins represent brands and products.
- Food & Drink & Technology are the most popular categories for men.
- An average Pins made by an Active Female User is 158.
- Top Category in the US is Art, Art Supplies & Hobbies.
- Recipes: There are more than 1.7 billion recipe Pins.
- Shopping: Every day nearly 2M people Pin product rich Pins.
- 50% Have Made a Purchase After Seeing a Promoted Pin.
- Articles: More than 14 million articles are Pinned each day.
- Average time spent on Pinterest per visit is 14.2 minutes.
- 85% Pinterest users use the site when they want to start a new project.
- 64% Pinterest users described the platform as a place to find ideas, products or services they can trust.
- 47% Social media users saw Pinterest as the platform for discovering and shopping for products.
- Average number of monthly searches on Pinterest is 2 billion.
- 84% Pinners use Pinterest to decide what to buy.
- 98% of Pinners report trying new things they find on Pinterest
- 77% of weekly Pinners have discovered a new brand or product on Pinterest
So, after reading this — what are your thoughts ? Something you would like to learn more about? If so, let us know in the comments!
The average useful lifespan of a Tweet is measured in minutes. Facebook posts exist in newsfeeds for a few hours (max 4 days for live video). Want to take a guess on how long an average pin can remain relevant? We’re talking months.
An average pin can come up in search months after it was posted. While Facebook and Twitter are mostly used to reminisce in the past or analyze the present, Pinterest is used to plan. Boards are created by the users to be aspirational – weddings, do-it-yourself decorating, arts and crafts, and party recipes – which means that pins can be repinned so many times over as long as there are users looking for these ideas and wanting to craft their own.
In our opinion, it’s time to take a closer look at this platform! Use your influence to capture an audience begging for what you have to deliver!
Are you on Pinterest already? Drop your user name below so we can support your efforts!
If you haven’t already, be sure to join our Facebook Group — Influencers Hangout — This is a place for network marketers who want to learn how to use social media the right way to grow their business! Or in the mean time, learn a little bit more about who we are and why, we believe in ‘Breathing Life into People‘.
Spark your Influence!