Here’s the deal successful network marketers, entrepreneurs and influencers, know their customer avatar (or profile) inside and out. On the other side, however, we realize most people don’t even know what that means! Let alone how to create one.
So, in this post, we want to give you the things you need to ask and answer (for yourself) to create your customer avatar. It is beyond important to the success of your marketing, sales, and delivery of services that you have a deep understanding of who your customer avatar is.
You’ve likely heard the phrase;'YOU CAN'T HIT A TARGET YOU HAVEN'T SET' Click To Tweet
This quote applies perfectly to why having a clearly defined customer avatar will help you with the following;
- Identify which social media platforms they are spending time on. This way, you know where your business should be present and active (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Help you be more effective in your marketing efforts. Your marketing time (and dollars) will be spent wisely when you know where to market and who to target for a maximum organic reach.
- Write content that connects with your business. This will give you a better understanding of their pain points, goals, needs/wants and successes.
- Deliver and develop better strategies because you can anticipate your markets’ behaviors, hang-ups and concerns.
DEVELOPING YOUR CUSTOMER AVATAR
Here’s what we know to be accurate; we don’t earn an income solving our problems. We make an income from lifting and helping others. Or, as we like to call it, Breathing Life into People. So, get intentional instead of treating your business (content, videos, etc.) like spaghetti noodles (throw them against the wall and see what sticks).
We know that customers are the heart of our businesses. And, we also know that often our best customers, in some cases, become the more prosperous parts of our teams, right?
This is why we can’t stress that developing your customer avatar or profile is crucial.
Take a moment, and think about the following questions;
- Who is your ideal prospect?
- Where do they work? Shop? Eat?
- What is the language your prospect will listen to?
Now, do yourself a favor and get out a pen and paper. Create your customer avatar or profile 1 step at a time.
- Are they male or female?
- Are they local? International?
- How old are they?
- What do they do for a career or living?
- Think about; what bothers them most about their life right now? Think about pain points.
- What excites them and gets them jumping out of bed? What are their dreams?
- Fear. What scares them, keeps them awake and restless at night?
- What books do they read? (personal development, fiction, biographies)
- What is the number one problem in their life right now? And, can you solve that with what you have to offer?
Can you picture this person in your mind right now? Great! That is who you need to be speaking to.
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO CONSIDER
Although we believe the questions above that we hope you will take the time to answer are a great starting point — we know that marketing is about relationships and stories. So, when creating your customer avatar, don’t be afraid to include questions that relate to why you got started. Or why these products/services helped solve your ‘problems.’
Doing this and including your personal experience will help shape your ideal customer. Because listen, once you have identified your ideal prospect through these exercises, you will alleviate so many obstacles in delivering content.
Because when you are delivering the correct value and message to your ‘ideal’ audience (customer), they can’t help but engage. They also cannot wait to hear from your more, and maybe they’ll even reach out to you where you may have overlooked them otherwise.
A SOLID AVATAR IS YOUR GOLD MINE
… and you should treat it as such.
Think about the next time you hop on a Facebook Live or write out a killer email – who are you writing to? Then, when you have successfully developed your customer profile, you can start to tailor your words, verbiage, tonality, etc., to what ‘this ‘customer would want.
Otherwise, it’s like writing a letter to someone you don’t know. How could you possibly be as effective knowing nothing as if you knew even a smidgen about them? Wouldn’t you want to find some way to personalize your message?
We would love to hear if you have a customer avatar and if not, let us know when you make this a priority on your list of things to do.
We love to celebrate wins, and more than that — we LOVE hearing about them!
If you haven’t already, be sure to join our Facebook Group — Networkers Hangout — This is a place for network marketers who want to learn how to use social media the right way to grow their business! Or in the mean time, learn a little bit more about who we are and why, we believe in ‘Breathing Life into People‘.
We Believe in You ♥️